Let me tell you about the first time I kissed a man.
We were sitting in his car which was parked on a muddy path in a forest above the city. I grabbed him as if I never wanted to let him go. Years of longing for that very warmth and physical presence diminished with every second as I was clinging to him.
Later in my life, I met Rado and Bas. This is a story about my life with them, a document of two relationships.
I probably felt that the three of us were about to take separate paths. These are the images I took in the last months of belonging to them.
2012 - video projection, publication, vase with lilies
4:3 video projection, 4′ 20″
This is a trailer. Please, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org to see the whole film.
15 x 21 cm, 68 pages, French folded and perfect bound, self-published edition of 100
Nederlands Fotomuseum, Rotterdam (2012)
Graduation show, KABK – Royal Academy of Art, The Hague (2012)
‘Pride Pop-Up’, Rokin Metro Station, Amsterdam (2013)
Close, Het Nutshuis & Acte de présence, The Hague (2014)
Also shown at
- ‘Now Or Never #2’, GEM, The Hague (2013)
- 14th International Feminist And Queer Festival Red Dawns, Ljubljana (2013)
- Tokyo Photo, Ten Haaf Projects (2013)
- ‘You Made Me Love You’, Derde Wal, Nijmegen (2014)
- Ten Haaf Projects, Amsterdam (solo show, 2014)
- EYE Film institute Netherlands (part of the documentation collection)